Monday, March 30, 2009

Fools Fitness Grand Opening Gala!

Welcome to the “official” start of Foolsfitness. thus named because if my intention to launch this journey on April 1st. Some people might say I’m a fool for trying the whole fitness thing again. I like so many others have tried and tried again (and failed again) at becoming the Atlas icon and failed just trying to get out of the big and tall section looking for clothes.

My revolt, as I consider this an act of war declared on the established order of whomever the established order is primarily comprised of, is the goal to live life fully without being so full, by making better food choices and staying physically active.

In my first scouting parties found current rebel leaders who will not willingly yield at whim over and over to the junk food and sedentary lifestyle I’ve found a few bloggers whom I’ve found instant inspiration in the cause… gottaloose200pounds lady and the antijared guy just for starters.

Now those evil bookstores! Normally I love bookstores but the propaganda and disinformation campaign area of war rooms in the diet section of any book store is vast. I’m overwhelmed by the psychological bombardment of trying to convince me it’s a good idea to get healthy eating 1200 calories a day of only fruit, or no fat, low carbs, high protein or other starvation diets… which is only matched by the onslaught to the senses of a late night infomercial on some 10 minute workout machine… all ways the enemy tries to confuse and confound, defuse me from my goals in some kind of misdirection into some fools mission which is doomed to failure, but I digress.

So I walk into the library and go to the diet section (it’s far safer there than at the bookstore) and I see the quiet and subtle show of support left by the librarians, an act of genius. The number 613.2 area diet book I search for is in the absolute bottom shelf. I’m brought to my knees. The creak and ache of my knees as they nearly give almost makes me pass out as I plop down. It is now I am humble enough on my knees to begin to make a stand… by standing for what I think is truly right… by standing up and taking the first step .

One small step for man. One giant leap for foolsfitness. (Alan)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember that commenting is just the foolsfitness way!